11 new Covid-19 cases reported in Hadramout and Taiz
الثلاثاء 23 فبراير-شباط 2021 الساعة 08 مساءً / Yemeni Media Center
عدد القراءات (82)
The Supreme National Emergency Committee for COVID-19 of Yemen's internationally recognised government on Monday reported 11 new coronavirus cases as the International Organisation for Migration has warned against a new wave of the virus in the country.
8 cases were registered in Hadramout province and 3 in Taiz province, the committee said on Twitter.
There were no deaths and no recoveries, it said.
2.176 coronavirus cases, including 619 deaths and 1.432 recoveries, have been reported in regions run by the government.
Earlier on Monday, IOM said preparations were underway to face a new wave of the virus in the country.
"COVID19 is still present in Yemen. As 2nd and 3rd waves ravage many countries around the world, the humanitarian community in Yemen is preparing for the possible fallout. Less than 50% of health facilities across the country are fully functional," it wrote on Twitter.